PW Detox Gold
What is Detox Gold?
Based on our original Life Gold formula, Detox Gold was reformulated specifically for supporting the body's normal channels of detoxification.
The natural ingredients in Detox Gold help a dog's body systems to get rid of unwanted matter (i.e. detoxify). Unhealthy substances can enter the body in food (preservatives and other chemicals), from the environment (herbicides/pesticides in gardens and lawns, or air pollution) and even from products we use in our homes.
Systems and organs of elimination include the liver, the GI tract, the lymph, lungs, the skin and the kidneys. Normal, everyday exposure to toxins in our environments, food chemicals, and medications are all materials that are processed by and need to be eliminated by the body. In addition, some dogs' habit of eating garbage or drinking from road puddles compounds the toxic load. One organ of detoxification that isn't often considered is the skin. Common sensitivities to foods or environmental conditions may show up on the skin.
Detox Gold supports your canine's long-term vitality, especially if he or she experiences sensitivities to foods or environmental substances. You may not even know what your dog is sensitive to. It's not usually easy to figure out.
Keeping your pet healthy by detoxifying
Our pets are exposed to far more pollutants than we are. Inside and outside, they live closer to the ground than we do. So they inhale pesticides, insecticides, fertilizers, and pollutants. In the home, they are breathing in the residues of cleaning products, detergents and dust. They also pick these toxins up on their paws, which they then lick, transferring them into their gastrointestinal systems. Furthermore, many commercial dog foods contain large numbers of chemical preservatives, artificial colors and flavors, as well as fillers that our canines can’t digest. The result of our pets being exposed to all these toxins is that veterinarians are regularly reporting illnesses that were rarely seen a generation ago. Normal immune system responses can become overwhelmed by the accumulation of toxins. A breakdown in the immune system allows invading microorganisms to proliferate, resulting in illness. Common symptoms of toxified animals include:
- Skin rashes and recurrent infections
- Constipation and diarrhea
- Urinary tract infections
- Liver problems
- Kidney problems
- Respiratory problems
Detox Gold is Formulated With:
- Nettle aerial parts (Urtica dioica): Sometimes referred to in herbal medicine as a "blood tonic", Nettle is high in minerals, chlorophyll, and contains histamine and Vitamin C. Nettle is used to help support the urinary tract, the lungs, the skin, and provide nutrition through easily-absorbed nutrients.
- Blessed Thistle herb (Cnicus benedictus): A long-used traditional plant, this restorative herb has been used for its detoxifying and cleansing properties, as well as for its antioxidant components and supporting normal cell regeneration.
- Burdock root (Arctium lappa): Burdock has been used for providing help to the liver (bile secretions), to support a healthy appetite, and for the maintenance of healthy cells in the presence of chemicals.
- Red Clover flowering aerial parts (Trifolium pratense): One of nature's primary "cleansing" herbs for lymphatic support and for maintenance of skin health.
- Sheep Sorrel herb (Rumex acetosella): High in Vitamin C and minerals, this herb has been widely used for lymphatic health, for health of the digestive tract, and as a detoxifier.
- Slippery Elm Bark (Ulmus rubra): High is mucilage, this slightly sweet tasting bark has been used for centuries in North America for soothing the digestive tract and absorbing toxins. It is highly nutritious with lots of antioxidants.
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale): Ginger has a long, traditional use for nausea, as an appetite stimulant, and for its warming, fortifying effect.
...319 mg per ml (approx. 20 drops / ml)
Herbs are certified organic or ethically wild-harvested.
- Deionized water
- Natural bacon flavor
- Vegetable glycerin