PW Lung Gold
Optimal respiratory function:
- Boosts immune response to lung infections
- Enhances good oxygenation and opens airways
- Supports easy breathing
- Helpful for productive coughs
- Provides comfort and relief
What is Lung Gold?
Lung Gold is a combination of natural herbal ingredients and Vitamin C designed to help maintain strong immunity in the lower respiratory system of canines. For symptoms in the upper respiratory tract (runny eyes & nose, sneezing, hoarse throat and dry, hacking cough) as well as asthma, you'll want to look at Throat Gold http://www.petwellbeing.com/products/dog-cough-medicine.
Lung Gold was developed by our holistic veterinarian to help dogs boost their innate resistance to harmful viruses, bacteria and fungal infections that affect the lungs and can compromise breathing and oxygenation of tissues. Lung Gold helps to maintain open airways. It works deep in the lungs and it works for different conditions that cause similar symptoms.
What is Lung Gold used for?
The respiratory system can be divided into two areas: the upper and lower respiratory systems. Lung Gold is for the lower respiratory system, needed when there is inflammation in the lower, branching bronchi and bronchioles. Your dog may have a productive, phlegmy cough, shortness of breath, difficulty with exercise and/or wheezing.
Conditions in the lower respiratory tract can be caused by:
- infections (viral, bacterial or fungal)
- allergies (environmental, such as to cigarette smoke)
- parasites (heartworms, lung worms)
Regardless of the cause, there is compromised ventilation and there is inadequate gas exchange in the alveoli of the lungs. Alveoli are hollow sacs at the base of the lungs where carbon dioxide is released for exhalation and oxygen is taken in and transported through the blood to oxygenate the rest of the body.
One of the most frequent uses of Lung Gold for canines is bronchitis. If the causes are either allergic or parasitic, Lung Gold can provide added immune support in the lungs and help maintain normal dilation of the airways.
If your dog has allergies that affect the lungs, you will also want to look at Nettle-Eyebright Gold http://www.petwellbeing.com/products/dog-allergies to assist with normal allergic responses. If the cause is parasitic, it will be necessary to eliminate the parasites.
Always seek the consultation of your veterinarian as needed.
A Note from our Veterinarian...
Respiratory illness can be very serious. At all times, it is important to monitor the progress of your dog and to seek the guidance of your veterinarian as needed.
Indoor and outdoor environmental toxins (such as cigarette smoke, car exhaust) can make a lung problem worse. If your canine is suffering from a lung-related condition, keep the air quality as clean as possible and eliminate additional stressors to the lungs. Provide good indoor ventilation, and don't let your dog ride in the back of a pick-up truck where exhaust fumes are heavy.
Serious lung conditions can be painful, lead to lack of interest in food, high white blood cell counts and cause fever.
Can my dog take Lung Gold with medications?
Absorption of drugs taken at the same time may be delayed. Not to be used with hypotensive drugs or prior to anesthesia.
Lung Gold is Formulated With:
Reishi fruiting body (Ganoderma lucidum): Used for many centuries in Asia, Reishi is among a group of "medicinal mushrooms" containing biologically active polysaccharides, known to have immune modulation properties. Reishi is known to support the body's natural immunity to bacterial, viral and fungal infections. It is also used to support the lungs and bronchial issues, improving overall vitality.
Coptis root (Coptis chinensis): Coptis, similar to Goldenseal, also contains berberine, thought to be the most active constituent in both plants. Coptis root is used for both anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial purposes and works well to dry secretions in the lungs.
Pleurisy root (Asclepias tuberosa): As the name suggests, the root of this plant has been used for infections in the lungs such as bronchitis, pneumonia, infuenza and pleurisy. It is indicated for painful respiration and stimulates the function of mucous surfaces, making it a good expectorant.
Fresh Marshmallow root (Althaea officinalis): The genus name of this plant, Althaea, was derived from Greek, meaning "to cure". The roots are very high in mucilage and help to soothe mucous membranes, mainly of the lungs, digestive tract and urinary tract. Marshmallow is commonly found in herbal formulas for lung infections with both dry and productive coughs.
- Chinese Skullcap root (Scutellaria baicalensis):Chinese and Western Skullcap both have the ability to support the nervous system and have a calming affect. Chinese Skullcap has the added ability to support and maintain immunity and specifically support the lungs.
Jujube fruit (Ziziphus jujube): This lung tonic adds a nourishing component to Lung Gold. Jujube is believed to increase stamina and strength and helps maintain a healthy immune system. Jujube is sometimes added to formulas because of its pleasant taste.
- Fresh Grindelia flower (Grindelia spp.): Used primarily for lung infections and as an herbal expectorant, Grindelia is a potent anti-inflammatory, helping to resolve irritation and cough.
- Usnea thallus (Usnea barbata): Usnea, also called "Old Man's Beard", supports immunity and works particularly well for immunity in the throat and lungs. Appropriate for bacterial and viral conditions.
- Ginger rhizome (Zingiber officinale): Ginger's therapeutic actions include support for inflamed tissues, expectorant, and support for the body's ability to fight infections naturally. It provides a gentle warming property to the overall formula.
...412 mg per ml (20 drops/ml)
- Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 10 mg/ml (20 drops/ml)
Herbs are certified organic, ethically wild-harvested or selectively imported.
- Deionized water
- Natural bacon flavor
- Vegetable glycerin