PW Stress Gold
Stress Gold works quickly when your pet needs it:
- Noises like thunderstorms or fireworks
- Changes, such as a new pet or person in the home
- Trips to the veterinarian
- Stressful routine changes
What is Stress Gold?
Stress Gold is a quick-acting, non-addictive, herbal formula designed for dogs. This herbal combination naturally supports the central nervous system in times of nervous tension or heightened states of emotion.
The primary ingredients in this formula act directly on the brain to produce a natural and safe sedative effect. The result is reduced nerve tension, subdued restlessness and a decreased tendency to hyperactivity or excitability. The class of herbal sedatives used in this formula are safe and will not cause stomach upset. Other types of natural sedatives can be described as narcotic in nature and usually contain high levels of alkaloids. Our ingredients do not contain high alkaloid levels.
Stress Gold will help your pet feel pleasantly relaxed and possibly sleepy.
What is Stress Gold used for?
Stress Gold acts quickly on the nervous system so your pet can feel more relaxed at times when they might otherwise experience sudden anxiety, agitation or even aggression. Use Stress Gold before or after a known stressful situation to restore calmness.
Many behaviors can be observed with an animal under stress.
A pet may appear nervous or agitated to the point of displaying fear (panic), pacing or showing aggression. If the animal is unable to calm down, there may be an increase in heart and breath rate. Stress can be expressed by urinating, biting or incessant barking.
In some cases, stress can be induced by a medication, but in most cases it is due to something in the animal's environment:
- Travel, boarding, moving
- Loud noises like thunder, yelling, children, or fireworks
- Change in pet owner, even temporary
- New people in the home or someone's absence
- Home renovations
Physical stress is another type of stress, usually caused by pain or discomfort of an injury or inflammation, such as arthritis. By treating the cause of the health issue, the discomfort will hopefully abate and with it, the feelings of stress. For physical discomfort, we highly recommend using Comfort Gold http://www.petwellbeing.com/products/comfort-gold-for-dogs, Pet Wellbeing's natural pain reliever.
Stress Gold is Formulated With:
- Skullcap herb (Scutellaria lateriflora): Well documented as a nerve tonic in European and Native American traditional herbal medicine, new discoveries are showing Skullcaps's high antioxidant value. A mild herbal sedative, Skullcap is also used for pain and to relax smooth muscle.
- Valerian root (Valeriana officinalis): There is extensive documentation written about the sedative properties of Valerian root and its affect on the central nervous system for mental stress and as a non-addictive, herbal tranquilizer.
- Lemon Balm herb (Melissa officinalis): Among other actions, Lemon Balm possesses mildly sedating properties. Gently uplifting to the spirits, it has been used in times of shock and stress, nervous excitability and restlessness. It is a common ingredient for treating anxiety and for reactions to vaccinations.
- Passion Flower herb (Passiflora incarnata): This exotic looking herb's key action is "general relaxant". Specifically, its activity in the central nervous system has mild sedative and minor pain-relieving qualities. It has had success used for a restless and over-active mind and to normalize an overly rapid heartbeat.
- Hops strobiles (Humulus lupulus): The constituents in Hops work on the nervous system for a longer period of time than most other nervines. Nervines are a classification of medicinal herbs that exert an action directly on the nervous system. Similar to other nervines, Hops also reduce nervousness, sedate and relax the (smooth) muscles. Hops are supportive to the urinary system for animals exhibiting symptoms of stress in the urinary tract (dribbling or peeing when stressed).
- Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra): One of Licorice's many properties is as an adaptogen, meaning that it can assist the body to adapt to stress through its action on the adrenal glands. Licorice also provides a natural, sweet, pleasant flavor.
- Fresh Wild Oat seed (Avena fatua): As a nerve restorative, Wild Oat seeds gently assist the body in times of nervous exhaustion or nervous debility. The nutrients in Wild Oat seeds are particularly restorative to nerve cells.
- Chamomile flower (Matricaria chamomilla): Used traditionally as a mild sedative, Chamomile can be particularly useful for hyperactivity, excitability and digestive upset.
- Ginger root (Zingiber officinale): A small amount of Ginger is added to this formula for animals that experience nausea or digestive (bowel related) symptoms as a result of stress. Ginger also stimulates digestive secretions and can help to keep the appetite normal and healthy.
A Note from our Veterinarian...
Like people, our pets have individual histories, perceptions and personalities. It is important to notice and respond to your pet individually. It may be hard to undersand why a certain event is stressful or it may be obvious. Either way, it is helpful to have Stress Gold on-hand if your dog is prone to stress or a stressful event is about to take place. Take comfort that there is a safe and natural product you can provide when it is needed. For your pet's peace of mind and your own.
The amount of Stress Gold required is individual. In other words, the dosage needed by one pet may be different from the amount another pet needs. Some pets respond dramatically to nervines ("NER-veens" = herbs that have an effect on the nervous system) and others need more to illicit an effect. Notice how your pet responds for 30-40 minutes after administering Stress Gold. You may need to repeat the dose and this can be done safely, up to 4 doses.
Stress Gold can be used for hyperactivity and trouble relaxing at night when everyone in the house is trying to sleep. Insomnia or night stalking may be a clue that something is wrong. Some causes of insomnia are:
- Conditions like pain (example: from arthritis or hip dysplasia)
- Chronic itchiness due to allergies or fleas
- Frequent need to urinate (may be a kidney or bladder problem)
- Old age
Insomnia is usually a symptom of something else, rather than a condition in itself. Treating the cause of insomnia is the primary focus but Stress Gold can provide relief while the condition exists.
If your dog is experiencing regular anxiety of any kind or requires support with long-standing behavioral problems, I recommend using Calming Care http://www.petwellbeing.com/products/calming-care-for-dog-anxiety-and-stress as a daily supplement. Calming Care takes effect gently, over time, for supporting sustained calm moods.