PW Throat Gold
- Throat comfort for persistent coughs
- Normal immune response to infections
- Trachea and larynx (voice box)
What is kennel cough?
Many dogs suffer from kennel cough (also called Bordetella). This canine upper respiratory ailment is a highly contagious condition which – as its name implies – is common among dogs that spend a lot of time in close quarters: in kennels, dog shows, grooming salons, etc. Beyond causing respiratory problems, kennel cough can weaken your dog's immune system and make him or her more prone to catching other canine diseases.
You can help prevent kennel cough (or other canine respiratory diseases) by not letting your dog share toys, food or water with other, unknown dogs. But if he or she does contract kennel cough, Throat Gold will help ease the symptoms and find relief.
Dealing with coughs and respiratory problems in dogs
Does your dog cough persistently or have trouble breathing? One possibility is that your dog is suffering from kennel cough or a similar respiratory ailment.
A dog's cough is never an illness in itself. Rather, it's a symptom of some other problem, like:
- Dog collar too tight / leash strain
- Irritants like cigarette smoke
- Infectious disease (usually kennel cough)
Whatever the cause of your dog's cough or breathing problems, Throat Gold can help.
What is Throat Gold?
Throat Gold has been developed using herbal ingredients to holistically support the tissues of the throat and entire upper respiratory tract of dogs. Our veterinarians have selected herbs that address healthy respiration and immunity, but specifically immunity of the throat's tissue surface. Some of the herbs in Throat Gold are termed "demulcents". Demulcents are a type of plant constituent that are high in mucilage content and act to soothe and calm throat irritation, inflammation and cough.
What is Throat Gold used for?
Continuous coughing can be strenuous not only for a pet but for a pet owner as well. Throat Gold can help support your dog's immune response to infection. Throat Gold effectively works to maintain healthy tissues in the throat and respiratory tract and eases discomfort. Animals who have stayed in areas with poor ventilation, feel stressed out (such as during travel) or are exposed to cigarette smoke may have less ability to fight infections. Kennels are often places where a pet can pick up an airborne infection.
Throat Gold can also be used for hoarseness of the throat, including leash strain. The ingredients of this formula are highly effective for supporting and maintaining health and comfort of the upper respiratory tract.
Can my dog take Throat Gold with medications?
Use Throat Gold with caution if taking steriod medications.
Throat Gold is Formulated With:
- Slippery Elm bark (Ulmus fulva): The bark of the Slippery Elm tree contains high amounts of mucilage and is used for soothing the mucous membranes of the throat. Commonly used for cough and phlegm, it helps to soothe the throat.
- Mullein leaf (Verbascum spp.): Mullein provides support to the lungs and throat. The leaves of Mullein contain mucilage, an important herbal component for breaking up mucous and soothing irritation in the throat.
- Usnea thallus (Usnea barbata): Usnea, also called "Old Man's Beard", supports immunity and works particularly well for immunity of the throat tissues. Appropriate for bacterial and viral conditions.
- Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra): One of the most widely used herbs, Licorice root supports the immune system while also providing direct soothing properties for the throat and lungs.
... 423 mg/ml total
Herbs are certified organic, ethically wild-harvested or selectively imported.
- Deionzed water
- Natural bacon flavor
- Vegetable glycerin